Location of St Chad's Church - Wilmslow Rd, Handforth, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 3ES - Tel: 01625 532145

The village of Handforth lies three miles north of Wilmslow and about ten miles south of Manchester city centre.  It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countryside in the county of Cheshire and is close to the attractive villages of Styal and Prestbury.

Handforth is ideally situated for travelling elsewhere in the North West or even abroad, being close to the M56 and M60 motorways and only three miles from Manchester International Airport.

To the west is the Cheshire plain stretching towards Chester and the North Wales border and to the east is the beautiful Peak District with it's wonderful views and walks for the more energetic traveller.

Handforth is referred to as 'the village' but is really a small town of some four thousand inhabitants. It is served by some superb local shops as well as the large retail shops at Handforth Dean.

St. Chad's is named after the seventh century monk who eventually became the Bishop of Lichfield. The original St Chad's church was built in 1837 but then replaced with the present building in 1899 and centenary celebrations were held in 1999. See our church history pages.

There are five Christian churches in Handforth area, St Chad's Church of England, Christ Church, Colshaw, St Mary's Methodist, Vinelife (non-denominational) and St Benedicts Catholic Church. These churches comprise Churches Together in Handforth

CLICK HERE to see the our parish boundary - courtesy of ACNY

 For directions to Saint Chad's click on the green marker pin above

HOME